Halesford Baptist Church, at beautiful Smith Mountain Lake Virginia, is seeking a Senior Pastor to step in when our Pastor of 50 years steps down in September 2020. Halesford has a conservative, Bible believing congregation of over 400 active members with representation in every age group. Our modern, debt-free campus supports a wide variety of internal and community ministries including children, youth, and AWANA programs. The church is situated between Roanoke VA (30 miles) and Liberty University (50 miles) and enjoys a rural small-town setting.
The successful candidate will be called by God to this position and be grounded in his Biblical and SBC beliefs. He will be committed to excellence in personal, family, and congregational conduct and believe in the inerrancy of Scripture and the sanctity of life and marriage.
We are looking for a seminary educated Pastor with at least 5 years of direct experience in pastoral leadership in a mid-size church and proven ability in preaching and teaching. He should have experience working in a multi-pastor environment and have the passion and vision for continuing the growth of our church.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefit package. Please see the full job description below.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit resume and supporting documents to Jobs@Halesford.com or mail directly to The Search Committee, Halesford Baptist Church, 2485 Lost Mountain Road, Wirtz VA 24184.
Job Description for Senior Pastor, Halesford Baptist Church
The job description is for the full-time Senior Pastor at Halesford Baptist Church. The Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in accordance with the inerrant word of the Bible, to engage in pastoral care ministries, and to lead and/or delegate administrative, educational and financial activities. He serves as final decision maker on church matters in conjunction with the Deacons, Trustees and/or a majority vote of the church members at a specially called business meeting.
- Work with the Deacons in providing spiritual leadership for the church.
- Serve as the preacher/teacher of the congregation and give priority to the study of God’s Word in preparation for this ministry
- Direct the pastoral care and visitation ministries for the congregation in cooperation with pastoral staff and Deacons
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community
- Lead the worship of the congregation and be responsible for all worship services including the observance of church ordinances, revivals and special services
- Serve as evangelist and lead the congregation in seeking the salvation of the lost and nurturing the saved
- Supervise the Associate Pastor, Youth Pastor, Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Church Secretary and other professional and administrative positions in the church. Work with Personnel Committee regarding hiring and disciplinary processes
- Serve as the chief administrator of the congregations and give leadership for the total church program
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees of the church and as staff advisor to the Budget, Personnel and Building committees as well as other appropriate church committees
- Act as liaison to denominational entities and ministry partners